Flow with Lemur transition to Flow with OSC

Hi Marco

I’m transitioning from Flow with Lemur to Flow + with Open Stage Control. I modified the original Cubase template (from Flow 1) to suit my needs, but now when opening it (after changing the midi ) ports, generic remote and logical presets) there is no connection between OSC and Cubase. Is this because the naming is different in the old Cubase template/Lemur? I have tested the new Cubase template with OSC and it works.
Would you be able to help please, Marco?

Thank you

Hi Serge,
the old template would not work because of the following differences:

• generic remotes are different
  • midi sends of all midi tracks are different
  • naming of folders and library codes are different
  • (also vienna instances and cubase routing is different but this does not impact OSC communication)

The change of the midi send was needed because with the version 1 I could map only 2.032 instruments while with the new mapping 258.000 (now I use the channel, the value 1 and the value 2)

Here you can find a technical explanation of all this
https://artificialharmonics.com/docs/flow-technical-documentation/

Kind regards
Marco

Hi Marco,

Ok thank you for the clarification. Would you have any advice on how best (and quickly) to redo the setup in Cubase and in VEPro considering that I already modified (added several libraries) the old Cubase template and VEPro file?

Thank you

Best,
Serge

Hi Serge,
For what it concerns Vienna, if you used separated instances you are fine, just import these in the new template.
For Cubase you have two possibilities:
1- export the tracks from old project and import them in the new one, you will need to change the midi sends 1 and 2 as in the new cubase
2- recreate the tracks in the new project by duplicating existing tracks, you will need to reset the names

In both cases the routing to vienna will need to be done again
You can watch this video for some insights

Marco

Hi Marco,

Ok great thank you. Will your next video be about adding new libraries in OSC?

Thank you

Serge

Yes, will come during the week end,

will show how to add one track, and then is just a repeat work

Marco